Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Treasure Hunting

After three days of pontificating, i’ve finally somewhat decided my story. It dawned on me that this weekend my family and I are going camping in the keys. A few months ago we went on a similar trip to the Florida bay. And to my recollection it would be the perfect spot to film an adventure movie to a new island. We are renting an island for the night where I have access to film all of its feature, unbothered. Since we are driving our boat there, I figured it would be awesome to film the boat ride and make it seem like the ride over to the island that holds a treasure of some sort. I haven’t yet decided on what the island holds, but I do know that I want it to be deserted and remote giving it an expeditious vibe.

The movie intro from The Revenant, directed by, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, depicted the jungle scene perfectly and was a large influence in my story making process. The master shot is beautifully created, starting with a slow tilt over a flowing waterway that reveals three men walking through it on the right third, then proceeds to rotate around a man holding a rifle to his eye. The scene is wonderfully shot, establishing setting and introducing characters that are obviously from an old part of history, indicated by their clothes and rifles. I want to create this level of characterization and setting development through the use of as little of shots as possible, due to the time constraints. I’m going for a sort of Indiana Jones vibe on this project. The only issue I can see so far is that one of my parents has to film me walking around the island, but it shouldn’t be too bad as long as I overshoot everything.

I don’t think i will include a lot of action in the opening, mainly because I feel like a lot of information doesn’t need to be put into the intro because it may come off a cramped and forced. I just want the first shots of the boat followed by the scenery and my interactions with the island. I think i’m going to keep dialogue to a minimum because I can really have only one other actor, my dad. I’m going to go closest diving to find something that resembles an adventurer.


I want my character to look something like this.

Citations: Image
“Harrison Ford in Negotiations for 2 More INDIANA JONES Films.” GeekTyrant, geektyrant.com/news/harrison-ford-in-negotiations-for-2-more-indiana-jones-films.

No comments:

Post a Comment