Thursday, March 8, 2018

Playing dress-up

          So I asked my step-dad to be the actor in my film...... It completely slipped my mind that he is a 4 year old living in a grown-mans body. The second I dressed him he walked around the house saying Indiana Jones quotes. He yelled "Call me Doctor Jones, lady," about 5 times at my mom. He also claimed that he needed a whip so hw could fight the bad guys. In a weird way he indirectly told me that the outfit was very similar to that of Indiana Jones' and that got me thinking about the story too. The intro to Indiana Jones is similar to that of the one I want to create, so i'm going to have to think of a different approach to the story-line.
        
          Going back to the Character design I decided to go with the stereotypical adventurer look. I started with the hat, which was my grandfathers old hat that he left at my house about 10 years ago and never took it back, despite visiting several times after. The jacket was my brothers jacket that he got from a friend's dad. The hat and jacket are the primary components of the outfit and are commonly attributed with the expedition look. He wore a plain white shirt and cargo shorts to tie the outfit together. He is going to wear an old pair of brown boots when we go to actually shoot the video. 

      Here is what the final product looks like. The jacket to me comes across as unprofessional for some reason, perhaps because it looks like a costume you could buy at Party City. My parents said it looks fine, probably because they're my parents and anything I do is great to them, but nonetheless i'm trusting them. 
     
     I'm planning on only having him as a character on the film, considering i'm only going to be having him and my mom going on the trip with me. 


Until next time......





     

      

No comments:

Post a Comment