Sunday, March 11, 2018

If the weather permits

As of today I was supposed to have most of my shots filmed and ready for editing, but shit happens...  On Saturday morning my parents woke me up around 7 in the morning and told me that the weather would not permit a camping trip to the island. Saturday night was expecting to have large thunderstorms and temperatures were said to drop to the 50s because of an incoming cold front. We still went to the keys but just to go fishing on the boat for the day. Our one-day trip didn't include a stop to an island and I felt like stopping to film would take up most of the time and ruin the trip for my parents. Thank god I didn't create a storyboard or even plan out a script. I am kind of happy we didn't end up going on the trip. First off I didn't have to sleep on the ground in the freezing weather, but most importantly I was not prepared to shoot this weekend. God was on my side with this one. Now I have more time to plan and make the end product better. Planning will also help me spend less time filming, which saves wasted time for me and the actors.

 Now that I have more time to plan, I am considering changing my story up, because I really feel like the whole island adventure thing, especially my character design, resembles, Indiana Jones all too much.  I also feel like the whole costume is the stereotypical outfit for adventures and I kind of took the genre too literally. I also don't know how I would have included a lot of action because my step-dad was the only one who was going to act in it. Now I can get more actors and dialogue. Another island location is also harder to reach and would require me to make a trip specifically for that reason.

So here are some other stories i'm considering (in order of my preference)


  1.  A post-apocalyptic world where the main character has to meet a group of people for safety.
  2.  A chase through the city by an enemy trying to get business information from the protagonist.
  3. A stranded island featuring a character attempting to find treasure.
  4. An adventure twist featuring an incoming high school student escaping bullies.  
  5. Encountering dangerous animals on a hike through the woods. 



No comments:

Post a Comment