Sunday, March 4, 2018

Action-Adventure for the win


This opening form the movie Kong Skull Island, solved my problems. As I mentioned before I really like action movies, but they are hard to make for someone with my talents. I also mentioned that I was considering doing an adventure film, which is grouped together with action films. I completely forgot that both of these were interrelated, so i’ve decided to go with an action-adventure film. I figured that crime and gangster although fun, would be difficult to execute, because of my lack of costumes and actors. As you can see Skull island depicts this genre perfectly, mixing a fight scene with an unknown creature on this exotic location represented by their plane wrecks on a large beach that appears to look like an uninhabited island. The mixing of these things will give me the pleasure of planning an exciting story with action-packed scenes. Now that I have chosen a genre, I’m going to start the boring part and research more about the genre and its characteristics. This genre includes films such as The Matrix and Star Wars. In these films there is a quest or discovery with an element that challenges them mentally or physically. They are designed to create an energetic and action-filled experience for their audience. These are different than action films alone because they include explorations and conquests. I’m a little concerned because adventure films take place in exotic locals and I have no clue where to film, but I guess that comes later.



I found this really interesting. According to this study action/adventure movies made up the most amount of viewers in the U.S. I feel more confident in my decision of the genre after seeing this because now at least I know that this genre is most preferred.

        The target audience is literally nowhere to be found, i’ve searched more than a dozen sites, but none of them want to give me their audience secrets. However, judging by my somewhat limited expertise on the matter, i’d say it is targeted towards younger males. This means that I would have to create the opening differently in order to fit the age group. For this opening, I would have to make it more action-packed so the viewers don't get bored. As of now i'm pretty much done with the overall research for the genre but i still have some small things to look up here and there.



Citations:

“Action and Adventure Films .” Film Reference , www.filmreference.com/encyclopedia/Academy-Awards-Crime-Films/Action-and-Adventure-Films.html.x

“Adventure Films.” An Award-Winning, Unique Resource of Film Reference Material for Film Buffs and Others, with Reviews of Classic American-Hollywood Films, Academy Awards History, Film Posters., www.filmsite.org/adventurefilms.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment