Friday, March 23, 2018

Planning for post

At first I was a little scared that I would not find a good editing software that was user friendly, yet had a professional feel. Then after some thought, I realized that last year i had asked a buddy of mine, who had his own YouTube channel, about good editing softwares. He recommended HitFilm Express. The Express version, is the free version of HitFilms, that does not offer all of the same effects, but the tools are somewhat the same. 

The Express version offers: 

  • Advanced cutting tools
  • Keying for green screen effects
  • Audio and video filters
  • Compositing tools
  • Layers and masking
  • 3D video support


So I got this program and grew to like it. I had to search up a few YouTube tutorial in order to learn what some of the buttons meant, but in only a couple of days, I learned how to use almost all of the features. I still have the program downloaded, but I wanted to try something new, seeing as how some of the features were restricted until the purchase of the actual program. 

After discussing this with my mom, she told me that she pays monthly for an adobe cloud that gives her access to different adobe products including, Adobe Premiere Pro. This program features all of the same things as HitFilm, with more effects, because it is a paid version. The pros of Premiere Pro over HitFilm is that Premiere Pro has a much better color correcting system in addition to other unique tools. One tool that I found really helpful was the warp stabilizer, which kind of solves my issue of shaky video. Now although the program is made for professional use, I did not find it difficult to use at all. The layout of the two programs are actually very similar and even have the same names/icons for different buttons, which was useful, because I didn’t have to learn a whole program over again. I haven’t tried editing a large clip for an actual purpose on Premiere Pro, I’ve just messed around with it, but I am not too concerned about it and if anything I can always google how to use a certain feature. 

Now I think that Im ready to start my filming process......

No comments:

Post a Comment