Monday, March 26, 2018

Inspiration

Okay so today is Monday and I did not end up filming this weekend..... I wish I had a valid excuse for why I didn't film, such as weather, or an unplanned vacation, but truth be told I decided to procrastinate and film later on. I know, stupid idea. But I have a serious issue with procrastination, which I hope wont effect me later on in the project. 
Although I did not film the I did do some research on other post-apocalyptic films. I wanted to see what was done to give the film a more apocalyptic feel. From my research I found that they mainly included things like dense fog, a slight ash slowly falling down, heavy blues or the exact apposite with heavy reds, a lot of scenic locations that mostly appeared dead, few actors, weapons, a lot of dead silence, steady long shots and a few other small details that were unique to the different films that i'd like to include. 


This is a short film called FIELDS, which i think did a very good job at depicting the post apocalypse scene. The film also includes aspects of action, so it is cool to see what they did considering i'm doing the same thing. The foot chase at the beginning of the film is well done and adds a layer of suspense and excitement to the film. This is a very good representation of how I would like my shot composed and executed. They also did an excellent job at character design and filming locations. The forest is a very common scene in a post-apocalyptic film, because it works for the purposes of the film, so i'm glad that I chose my filming locations to be ones with large fields and small forests. 


Although that film was well done, I want some other effects to be included in mine. For example in the film, X-Men Apocalypse, they used heavy blues, with smoke in some areas. I think this gives it a more dismal and almost realistic feel, so I definitely want to include the same features of the picture. 




Other then that I want to include some graphics such as the outline of buildings. Ive already tried to include something like this and I found it very simple. I imputed a PNG file then color graded it to be a little darker than the video clip. I think that's pretty much all that I want to do, but more might come..... 



Image citation:

Truitt, Brian. “Review: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Is Overpacked, Underwhelming.” USA Today, Gannett Satellite Information Network, 27 May 2016, www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/05/09/review-x-men-apocalypse-movie/84163328/.

No comments:

Post a Comment