Wednesday, March 28, 2018

No time

It is Wednesday and I have not started filming...This time it wasn't because I procrastinated, but because every time I wanted to go out, I either had no ride, or no one to help me film. The weekdays are incredibly hard for me to work out a good day, because my parents are working and a lot of my friends either don't have cars, or are on vacation. I still have a few more days left to film, so i'm not particularly concerned, but I want to get filming soon. 

I guess an upside to the magazine, would be that I wouldn't of had to go out of my way to complete it, because mostly anything can be done from home which is so much more convenient. I feel like I already have most of the aspects in line and I don't really have much to work on now, except filming and editing.  I think the only part thats still in the air is what i want to film where so here it goes: 

For starters i'd like to film the beginning in Holiday park, because there is an abandoned shack there that is a good location for my waking up scene. There are also some nice dirt trails around that area, so it would be easy to film the main character's journey to the city. Markham has excellent spots for filming forest scenes, which I mentioned is very popular in post apocalyptic films.  I could get a lot of long shots of the character in the forest and I also want to film the running scene after the boy sees a crowd of zombies. This is perhaps the hardest part, because I will need someone to run behind me while filming, which is almost certainly going to be shaky. As for the other shots (with the exception of the very beginning) they will be filmed with a tripod.  There is also a large lake that makes a good filming spot, not for any particular reason. I also want to add some PNG pictures into the water, such as a sunken boat, or bones of some sort. Vista View is my last choice for filming as it is not necessary to filming, but if I do not have enough clips, then it is always my plan C.  I honestly don't even think I need to go there, unless absolutely necessary, seeing as how this is only the intro to a film. 


Time to get out there and film.....

No comments:

Post a Comment