Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Filming tools

Camera equipment:

Canon E0S Rebel T5:

Okay, so thankfully i have a camera at home that I can use to film the project. The camera is my mom’s, which she uses to take pictures of jewelry for her store, but nonetheless it works for the project. The camera has several settings for picture taking, but only one for videotaping, leaving only the focus as a manual component of the camera fir filming. I guess this is a downside to the camera, but I don’t really know how to use any manual camera’s settings, so I guess that having it automatic is a plus for me. Now there is one downside to the camera. I want to get several angles of the same shot, but I only have one of these cameras, so if I were to film with something else, such as an iPhone, as well as the camera, the shots would look different, quality wise. I either have to find a way to film the angles with the same camera, or just film the entire thing with iPhones, since getting multiple of them is much easier than getting multiple Canons. I would just rather not film with the iPhones, but if worst comes to worst, they are always my plan b. The camera obviously has better features, so i’d much rather use that, for instance,  it features “a powerful 18.0 Megapixel CMOS image sensor and Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor for easy recording of HD video and high-resolution photos and has a huge 3.0-inch LCD screen for Live View recording and review. With a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system, an expanded ISO range for outstanding operation in less-than-perfect light, shooting modes like Scene Intelligent Auto to take the guesswork out of complex shots plus creative options like Canon's Basic+ function and Creative Auto, the EOS Rebel T5 is ready for anything,” according to the official canon website, which is linked above.

Other than the camera, my mom also has two tripods, that have 360 view and get be raised vertically up to about 5 feet. This is perfect for my steady shots that include no motion. This will take most of the shakiness out of the video. Now I just have to find out how I can have walking shots, that aren’t completely shaking, considering this is an action movie and there is a lot of movement. I think i’m going to use a skateboard for some of the moving shots, but that will only work if I have a road/sidewalk that I can push the skateboard across. For the other shots i might have to make/buy a handheld stabilizer, or resort to a post editing software that can eliminate the commotion, although I feel like having steady shots, will be easier than editing them in post. I also have not thought of a way to pick up sound, better than normally. I have a few attachable microphones that may work, so I am not all too worried about it. I also am going to add audio separately, in post. After i have finished filming i am going to search and create different sounds that fit the video.

Stay tuned…..


No comments:

Post a Comment