Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Time and place

Okay so here are the places I am considering filming at. I may go to all three of these, or only some of them: 
Markham park: 
This park is a 666 acre plot of land that includes, a large lake, small yet dense forests, and large mountain bike trails, that would be perfect for filming seeing as how it appears to be a path to somewhere. This park is the most crowded out of all of them, but i'm sure if I go during the weekday ill have no problem finding a space to film, with no people visible. 

Holiday park:  
This park is a 39-acre park, that is ranked top three in a Florida attractions. It is nicknamed “Gateway to the Everglades,” which if you don’t know is a huge plot of protected swamp that covers a majority of Florida’s south-west region. This is important because it means that the park has a lot of spots to film, ranging from large canals, swampy forests, large plains, long dirt roads and more. There is a lot of wildlife at this park, which I don't know if I like or not, for the purposes of this video. 

Vista view park
This park has a total of 272 acres of green hills and fields. The rolling hills offers a perfect spot of filming as it includes a really cool spot that overlooks an entire city and with some effects, a city in ruins. The sun also sets directly in front of where the hill stands above the city, so I could get some aesthetic shots. 


Times:
Okay so in order to get all of this done on time I have to start filming as soon as possible. Thankfully spring break is coming up so I have plenty of opportunities to film. I’m also staying in town, so all of the locations were chosen because they are close to home. This weekend, the 24th and 25th I want to start filming. If I am not able to get everything done on time I want to film at the beginning of the week, such as the 27th and the 30th being the latest, so I have plenty of time to edit the clips. The first shot is in the morning when the kid first wakes up, so any time when the sun is up is fine for that scene. The shots where the main character is making his was to the city should be around mid-day, so the sun should be high in the sky. The time changed recently, giving me an extra hour of sunlight at the end of the day. The sun is setting at around 7:30 now, which is great because knowing me I’m going to get out there late. If I do I end up going to the different locations, I’m probably going to do so on different days, so I’m not rushing all of my shots. I also want to overshoot everything so I have a lot of different angles and clips to work with because for the last project we did I didn’t have enough shots and I had to include blurry and/or shaky ones just to occupy time.  I may need to add different locations and therefore times, if the locations don't meet my standards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment