Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Turn up the volume

Ughhhhhh. Audio is the most annoying thing to work with. It took me HOURS to add in footsteps that matched the timing of the video. I recorded these by going outside, gathering a pile of leaves and crunching them up. This worked with the video because it was in a forest scene, otherwise I would have done it differently. The natural scene also inspired me to do other forms of sound that could be found outdoors.  For example,  I found a non-copyrighted overlay of birds chirping that is played on loop throughout the video in the background. Much of the audio had bits of people in the background, which was rather bothersome, and at some points I had to lower the original volume, so that they could not be heard.  
As for the foley sounds, thus far I only included one where the zombie was banging on the door. I created this sound by banging a book on the side of a plastic cabinet. I did this because the camera was too far from the wall to pick up the sound of the actor banging on it.  I also filmed the audio for the conversation between the child and his mother, I also found some radio sounds that I mixed into the conversation. 
I am yet to find the music or the zombie noises for the film, which are the most important parts of the audio. I am getting the music from Killer Tracks, but i have not found out where I am going to get the zombie noises from.  For now I am going to keep mixing the audio and using the most amount of original audio possible. 

Listen out for more!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment