Thursday, March 1, 2018

Today marks the beginning of my project creating process and I have never felt so lost. Since I was younger I always wished for teachers to give me creative freedom and stray from the textbook teaching style I have become so accustomed to, but like the old saying goes, “Be careful what you wish for.” For this portfolio project I have been given all the freedom possible and I am having trouble trying to decide on a certain genre or even organize any of my thoughts. I guess 11 years of school has robbed me of my creativity. I’m hoping this blog will allow me to organize my ideas and enable me to come to a consensus with myself. I have so many ideas floating in my head that I don’t even know where to start. 

To be completely honest I can’t say I am confident in my project considering I have only just started and I’m already facing an obstacle, created by none other than myself. I really do regret wishing for a way out of the predetermined curriculum; I feel like having a set procedure is much easier to follow and understand. I now have a love, hate relationship with teachers who performed a directive style of leadership, where they told me how to do a task rather than what to do, for all these years. 

I have decided one thing at least, which is not to do a horror or dark film, because 90% of the projects we have viewed in class fell into this category. I don’t know if this genre is easier than the others to plan and execute but I really don't want to have a similar project to a majority of the others and frankly, I don’t really want to take the easy way out. So I guess this leads me into the first step of my filmmaking process which is to research genre. Although I can’t say I am completely confident, I am excited to see what these next few weeks have in stock for my film opening. 

Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment